Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a PRV in a tight space. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm about to replace my house stopcock (gatevalve) with a new one (Pegler Lever Ball) and thought I'd take the opportunity to add a Honeywell D05F Pressure Reducing Valve and a Fernox Electrolytic Scale Reducer. However, 'the book' says the PRV must be followed by a straight length of pipe running for a minimum of 5 times it's width (38cm) before the first bend, which is just about all I've got to play with. This would mean a 90° bend straight after the stopvalve to create a horizontal run and I wouldn't be able to install the Scale Reducer between stopcock and PRV.

Questions are:
a. In practice, do experienced guys manage to get away with a shorter length of pipe post PRV?
b. Would it be OK to include the Scale Reducer in the 38 cm? I'm aware the PRV will have the harder water.

additionally - c. is it ok to immediately follow the stopcock with a 90° bend?

Last edited:
I'm about to replace my house stopcock (gatevalve) with a new one (Pegler Lever Ball) and thought I'd take the opportunity to add a Honeywell D05F Pressure Reducing Valve and a Fernox Electrolytic Scale Reducer. However, 'the book' says the PRV must be followed by a straight length of pipe running for a minimum of 5 times it's width (38cm) before the first bend, which is just about all I've got to play with. This would mean a 90° bend straight after the stopvalve to create a horizontal run and I wouldn't be able to install the Scale Reducer between stopcock and PRV.

Questions are:
a. In practice, do experienced guys manage to get away with a shorter length of pipe post PRV?
b. Would it be OK to include the Scale Reducer in the 38 cm? I'm aware the PRV will have the harder water.
There is a new blow off due on the market very soon
It is a pressurised system terminal which can be installed from Inside any building at whatever height without any works from outside.
And its Not mine but a product which UkPlumbing & Heating Innovation Centre are going to showcase very soon
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

There is a new blow off due on the market very soon
It is a pressurised system terminal which can be installed from Inside any building at whatever height without any works from outside.
And its Not mine but a product which UkPlumbing & Heating Innovation Centre are going to showcase very soon
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Pressure reducing valve

Pressure reducing valve
No Shaun this is an internally
deployed terminal ..which as you and I know fits on the end of the output pipe after the Prv
...and you know what these fellas are just an outfit that have had an idea and are prepared to put their money behind it ..I think its a winner and am helping them FOC
because of Uk Plumbing and Heating Innovation Centre ..a not for profit set up which we are trying to build
Rob Foster aka centralheaking

I think we’re going to get a Rob Foster - oh what a naughty boy, blue plaque for it. Maybe you could sponsor it? :D
Thats fine by me BUT I really need to concentrate as its a Monday evening as Jeremy is asking questions on university challenge...and out of the 4 of us here the lowest score has to do the washing up from Sunday and this evening.....I can get 4 on the general questions ...
chking

Ha ha well good luck mate I struggle to understand the questions on there sometimes let alone answer them

I had to do all the washing up because I was asleep...been awake etc since 4 am 1st business email at 04.25 .
centralheatking

Did anyone reply ?

Reply to Fitting a PRV in a tight space. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock