Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a new shower waste - gasket under flange or not? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I managed to get the broken shower waste body out of the trap. I'm about to fit a new waste, a much more robust brass item.

The trap has a big rubber gasket designed to sit flush against the underside of the shower tray.

Is it a good idea for me to fit a rubber gasket between the flange on the waste and the topside of the shower tray (I have a few), or will the rubber gasket that sits flush against the underside of the tray be sufficient to make a good watertight seal?

20210728_203313.jpg
20210728_205912.jpg
20210728_205920.jpg

Underside eg between the trap and tray

And a small bead of clear on the top brass part eg between the tray and brass grill

Underside eg between the trap and tray

And a small bead of clear on the top brass part eg between the tray and brass grill

Thanks Shaun. Yep, I know that gasket in the photo goes on the underside.

I was asking if it's a good idea to fit a second flat rubber gasket between the flange and tray rather than just using silicon between the tray and brass flange...?

No need to fit another just run a small bead of silicon

Reply to Fitting a new shower waste - gasket under flange or not? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock