Discuss Fitting a new shower waste - gasket under flange or not? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I managed to get the broken shower waste body out of the trap. I'm about to fit a new waste, a much more robust brass item.

The trap has a big rubber gasket designed to sit flush against the underside of the shower tray.

Is it a good idea for me to fit a rubber gasket between the flange on the waste and the topside of the shower tray (I have a few), or will the rubber gasket that sits flush against the underside of the tray be sufficient to make a good watertight seal?

20210728_203313.jpg20210728_205912.jpg20210728_205920.jpg

Underside eg between the trap and tray

And a small bead of clear on the top brass part eg between the tray and brass grill

Underside eg between the trap and tray

And a small bead of clear on the top brass part eg between the tray and brass grill

Thanks Shaun. Yep, I know that gasket in the photo goes on the underside.

I was asking if it's a good idea to fit a second flat rubber gasket between the flange and tray rather than just using silicon between the tray and brass flange...?

No need to fit another just run a small bead of silicon

Reply to Fitting a new shower waste - gasket under flange or not? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back