Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a Mira 88 service kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Has anyone fitted a service kit on a mira 88? Watched a video on it on YouTube looks a bit of a nightmare, that many orings and cir clips. The shower is leaking out of the body when operated.

Do it in situ mate and yes replace the o rings just line up parts as you remove them really not to difficult mate you will need a instrument flat blade screw driver for o rings as a bit fiddly and some big grips to remove the valve body . Cheers kop

Yep you have to do that mate have a look here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191020-203941.png
    Screenshot_20191020-203941.png
    603.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20191020-203953.png
    Screenshot_20191020-203953.png
    585.9 KB · Views: 3

Reply to Fitting a Mira 88 service kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know where to find out what size the O rings are in a Mira 723 service kit as I have one (at the pointy end of the piston/spindle) that keeps failing and I cannot afford to keep spending ÂŁ23 to get one O ring. It is part "G" on the 723 instructions. Any help very...
Replies
Views
Is there a direct drop-in replacement for a Mira 8 exposed shower mixer valve? My father-in-law says it was fitted 30 years ago. Spares no longer available. The critical dimension is the gap between the nuts that attach to each side of the valve body. Has anyone done this replacement?
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need a bit of advice on getting to the inlet filters on a Mira Excel i think 2010 version I've read and watched lots of advice on doing this , Remove the temp control knob Remove the Flow lever Remove another ring, which shows the cartridge Unscrew 4 screws (took a bit of cleaning to...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock