Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a low second sink (seperate), in dining area for medical condition is it possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me if this leftfield idea, would be possible please? It's a bit crazy so please bear with me.

I have a medical condition where I have poor circulation in my feet which is painful. I have to soak my feet in warm / hot water on a daily basis. So I came up with the idea of having a built in foot bath .... like this in my dining room
Redirect Notice

I have a separate kitchen diner but I will be shortly making the two one room and having a new kitchen so now is the time. The idea was to build something like and have it in the dining room, looking out over the garden.

My question is ... how difficult would the plumbing be .... I.e. It would be in a separate location to the kitchen sink. Also as the sink would be quite low down, would that affect its ability to drain the water away? I know nothing about plumbing unfortunately but I am logically minded.

Do you think this is possible, or am I bonkers, haha.

Many thanks for reading and any feedback,
Rich

It's a good idea and depending if there's any drains close by external wall would be the best location if suitable with your plan

Other than needing a tap for cat 5 water risks and a drain close by your fine

Well I`m sure you know water drains away in a pipe which has a "Fall" on it so where will the pipe run to and how far away is this point = Can you get the necessary fall on the pipe? Pipe size will be either 32 or 40mm depending on the choice of foot bath.
Yes then it can be done.
No then it will need to be pumped away.

Many thanks for your replies so far. Yes, it would definitely be on an external wall. Okay, I'll need to do some measurements for the fall then.

You can do almost anything these days even if theres no drainage you can pump the waste water away , so the answer to your question is yes plan what you would like to do and get some quotes if it gives you a better quality of life go for it . cheers Kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting a low second sink (seperate), in dining area for medical condition is it possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock