Search the forum,

Discuss firebird enviromax c26 best settings for gas oil anyone any advise on best results in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGII79

Gas Engineer
come preset for kero
tweaked air and oil
this is what im getting at min
fuel press 9.5b
air shutter 4.6

co2 11.7
o2 5.2
eff 98.7
ratio .0003
co 37

Re: firebird enviromax c26 best settings for gas oil anyone any advise on best result

Is that an HE model?

Re: firebird enviromax c26 best settings for gas oil anyone any advise on best result

yep it the he model

Oh, and meant to have been working in Bray and Terenure today but the marathon maxed everything a pain. Went to Clondalkin and Clonsilla instead!

Bray and Terenure tomorrow.....

yep it the he model

Has to run on 28sec. Gas oil will clog the secondary heat exchanger inside a month, that's why there's no settings for it in the mi's.

is ther no way for this to run on gas oil at all

by gas oil I assume your talking red diesel which fm memory isnt a good idea in a condensing combi, as youll just end up with a right mess to clean up.

haha just playing catchup with croppie

Last edited by a moderator:

this is a boiler house model not a combi heat only

When i was staying at a friends my dad did this to our boiler (warm flow)

a month later when i returned and had black smoke coming out of the flue i thought hmmmm....

a total pain to clean out after.

have you removed a gas oil boiler and replaced it with this?

Regardless its condensing , it really isn't designed for the red stuff!

26c equates to combi in my little head, not heat only and be it a utility, boiler house external the guts are the same the covers or not just differ. All lt oil as detailed in the instructions

C26 lame not 26 c

pedantics, you still cant,do it

yeah installed already but not much left in tank so wil drain and get him to refill with kero

customer a bit of a peculiar one and im sure he will have some issue on why he has to change to kero ive told him already it cleaner burning but hes a herd one

It's the condense that cause the problem. Because gas oil produces more carbon, regardless how clean we get it running, it combines with the condense and fills the hex with something looking like sump oil.

Believe me, you only ever want to clean it out once!

best bet get it back to kero i suppose and save the heartache, thanks croppie

best bet get it back to kero i suppose and save the heartache, thanks croppie

No worries, better for him to have a hissy fit now than coming up to Xmas. Plus I get the impression he'd slate you before recommending you!

yeah i wouldnt mind but tank was unmarked and hed told me it was kero and i never checked before i started id say hes been mixing it and getting whatever fuel he could at the cheapest price so this will be fun for the next few years now

If he queries you, ask him if he puts whatever type of fuel is cheapest in his car and when he says no, just say there you go.

If he queries you, ask him if he puts whatever type of fuel is cheapest in his car and when he says no, just say there you go.

I like that analogy!

I can confirm, you cannot use gas oil in any condensing boilers.
I have known of people having around 200l gas oil left in a tank with an old boiler, then filling it up with 2300l of clean fresh kero and changing the boiler, and it work fine.
But me personally after spending a few K on a new boiler, would treat it to some lovely clean oil and filters!
Also worth noting, that if a tank has been used for gas oil, it could contain a lot of sludge in the bottom, which the boiler will also not like, so maybe give it a clean and don't skimp on the filters! :cheesy:

I can confirm, you cannot use gas oil in any condensing boilers.
I have known of people having around 200l gas oil left in a tank with an old boiler, then filling it up with 2300l of clean fresh kero and changing the boiler, and it work fine.
But me personally after spending a few K on a new boiler, would treat it to some lovely clean oil and filters!
Also worth noting, that if a tank has been used for gas oil, it could contain a lot of sludge in the bottom, which the boiler will also not like, so maybe give it a clean and don't skimp on the filters! :cheesy:

Raise the feed side of the tank by an inch ;)

True you can do that, but how many customers do you know of that actually make sure their boiler is switched off when the fuel is pumped in at 400lpm, stirring up the whole contents of the tank?
I could probably count those people on one hand lol.

Me!

i have three inline filters to my burner and then a piped return to the tank.

people view that as overkill :)
first is a gauze style filter, next is a paper cartridge style with a water drain, third is a big paper cartridge style :D
seeing that you mainly do oil, do you test your fire valves?

Plenty of filters! The paper ones are by far the best, so many people just have the standard tank one and that's it.
I do, when there actually fitted lol. got the tester from HWOS, which was handy finding a fault the other day on a limit stat that tripped every now and then, hating intermittent faults! lol

I like you!

Im amazed at how many don't trip off till they hit almost double what they are rated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to firebird enviromax c26 best settings for gas oil anyone any advise on best results in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock