Search the forum,

Discuss Fire valve external oil boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Bit of help on the regulations please?
An external oil boiler (metal case) sited outside the house but contained in a slightly larger wooden enclosure (foot bigger in all directions, ie not a shed).
Would it be acceptable to place the fire valve inside the wooden enclosure?

I've looked through my books, although not up to date but most is still the same it states the fire valve should be installed outside of appliance casing with the sensor above the burner. Regulations used to state a minimum of 2m i believe but I think some manufacturers are now fine with it closer.

Last reg I remember was at least 1m from boiler. More curious to know how its flued?

I take appliance casing to mean the original metal case not the new box surrounding it...
However what threw me are the oftec rules stating
Fire valves are also required for external boilers, with the cut off point located at least 1m away from the appliance
[automerge]1604008772[/automerge]
straight out through the casing, then out the wooden box

Yes, appliance casing being the boiler casing.
My books are not the recent ones as I said as I am not currently OFTEC, I'm off work due to health problems actually. It used to be a minimum distance but as I understand some manufacturers will warrant the installation if closer.
If you got any doubts just phone OFTEC in the morning and ask them directly.

We normally install external boilers with a 3mt fire valve fixed as far away as is practical possible.
Out of interest what clearance has the flue from the timber surround?

Reply to Fire valve external oil boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock