Search the forum,

Discuss Finding source of shower leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hoping that you can offer me some advice.
We recently re-sealed our shower tray, all old sealant removed and new stuff put in well. It was left for 48 hours and first couple of test showers went fine.
Today however water started dripping from a light fixture (now off at fuse box). Looking at the circle of damp that has appeared I'm wondering if the issues is round the plug exit. Once the water has stopped dripping and the ceiling has dried out I intend to pour some water down the plug hole directly to test this out. Then I guess I could pour some round the plug hole to do the same.

Looking at the pics what do you think? Also whats the best way to seal the waste unit? Do I take the chrome bit out or do we just try and seal it in place?
Thanks in advance for looking at what is a regular "help we have a leak" problem.

Sh1.jpg
Sh2.jpg
Sh3.jpg
[automerge]1571996484[/automerge]
Oh and not that im sure it matters but Im not in America, Im posting from work which makes it look like im in the US.
Im in the UK

Last edited:
Try putting a bead of silicon around the rim of the drain and see if that fixes the problem.
It won't look nice - but it will be a simple exercise to see if the seal has broken.
If it doesn't fix the problem, it may be time to replace the shower tray and enclosure

You may be able to see what's the problem through the down lighter hole you will need a endoscope I bought one recently from City electrical factors under a £100 it found a leak for me in a pipe in a ceiling . Kop

Test in 3 stages with a watering can or big jug
1 - pour plenty water down the waste only , be accurate, not around the edge of the waste . Leave a good 10 / 20 mins . No leak , go to 2 .
2 pour plenty water around the edge of the waste only , leave again , no leak , go to 3
3 . Pour plenty water around the tray to wall seal and 9 times out of 10 that will be your problem.

Reply to Finding source of shower leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock