Search the forum,

Discuss Finding an apprenticeship south wales in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and I don't know if this is allowed or has been asked in the past.
I am 31 and for years have been searching endlessly to obtain a plumbing apprenticeship.
I've tried plumber merchants loitering, sending out letters and making phone calls.
Can anyone point me in another direction that could help, I could save and attend college full time, but feel like when I come out the other side, wouldn't be a plumber, but just someone with basic knowledge and a certificate. (My intention is not to offend, i just feel you cant beat hands on training and knowledge passed down by a professional)
Having just relocated to South Wales, I am trying the same old tactics to just be given the opportunity. But still getting nowhere.
I was hoping that someone would spot this post in the south wales area and have a position available for an apprentice. Know somebody who would take a chance on me. Or give me some sound advice.
Thanks for any and all help.

Hello i hope i do not affend you but in fairness age is not on your side what you can try is try and do the course but you are right you need on the job training all fine and dandy geting certificate but you need on the job training not the same as pipeing a basin or bath or bending pipes in college much different for sure on site It makes me sick when you have a young guy like yourself that wants do do a trade and cannot get to do it i am in a the same boat as you i have not worked at Plumbing since 2008 when building crash happened here and i have 40 years experieance i am 62 .But do not give up try going to your local MP in UK at mo They are saying they are short of trades men so let him or her give you the answers and take no Rubbish go every week to see them dame his or her sole Good luck

Reply to Finding an apprenticeship south wales in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock