Search the forum,

Discuss Finding a new cistern to fit my close coupled toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - I have an old (maybe 45 year old) Twyfords Close Coupled toilet. The cistern has cracked, and I'd like to replace just the cistern. I'm struggling to find anything described as a close coupled cistern which doesn't have the bolt holes. I was hoping to find one with no bolt holes and just use the metal mounting plate for the bolts - e.g. part number CF8100XX. Any ideas where I can find such a cistern? Or can I use any cistern even a low level one? Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks.

The extra bolt holes don't really matter just put bolts in up side down to seal holes off.
Try to get a cistern with same center to back measurement.
Having said that I would just change the whole dam thing only way it will ever look anything.

You would have extreme trouble finding a cistern to match a 10 year old pan let alone a 45 year old pan.

How bad is the crack? Hair line crack or a descent crack.

Reply to Finding a new cistern to fit my close coupled toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock