Search the forum,

Discuss Finally found leak in Glowworm ultracom 30cxi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

So I've had a leak in this boiler for approximately 6 months. I hired an engineer to resolve and he suggested replacing a large black valve (I forget the name). After having the valve replaced, the leak appeared again around a week later. I tried to monitor so I could identify where the water was coming from and after a few weeks, I finally found it. I've uploaded a video here, can anyone tell me what needs to be done to resolve this?

I was charged quite a lot for the valve replacement yet the problem remains.. what should I do now?

In my opinion you still need the services of a qualified engineer (gas safe in uk). If it’s not the diverter valve (black plastic thing) then get whoever replaced your valve back as it’s been misdiagnosed.

How much did you pay ?

UPDATE:
The initial plumber seems to all but disappeared after having tried to contact him. After several months of looking for the leak I believe I've actually found the real leak. He replaced a valve which turns out did not stop the leak. I've removed the first video and uploaded here:

Please can someone help me identify what work needs to be done?

Reply to Finally found leak in Glowworm ultracom 30cxi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed to be coming out from the base of the pipe. I've removed a section of drywall for inspection purposes. After filling both sinks with water and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, thanks for your time reading this! We have noticed a leak appearing from the built-in toilet in our main bathroom that's spreading around our floors (great start to the year!). I've removed the panel behind the flusher and can see the water inlet attaching to the Cistern is slowly...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Recently all the water tanks in the attic were disconnected to connect to the mains water supply (mine was already on mains but the other 5 flats in the building needed to be connected to mains water) and the company were also going to fit PRV's and isolation valves to the pipework...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock