Search the forum,

Discuss Filter under sink query/advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning everyone,

Does anyone know anything about the following product and if its pretty straightforward to install as I want it for under my kitchen sink:

Thanks

It looks like the hoses supplied are wras approved, not the unit.
Avoid.
Btw i advise against those inline filters, eventually they get forgotten about and end up filled with huge amounts of biofilm - like grey ish slime.
Mains water in uk is wholesome by law. If you doubt that, contact your water supplier for info.

Thank you for the advice and I will avoid the product.
I am just looking for something simple to test the drinking water from the cold tap in the kitchen as sometimes it tastes a little bitter.
I have a single mixer lever tap and any tips on which water filter faucet would be good which you can easily put on the tap?

Thanks

Last edited:
The tap is part of the plumbing system. If there's something wrong with your water report it to the supplier you pay for the water. If not leave it alone.

I am just looking for something simple to test the drinking water from the cold tap in the kitchen as sometimes it tastes a little bitter.
If it's only you that thinks it tastes 'bitter' and it used to be okay, you may have a bad tooth. If the bitterness seems to build up with the length of time since the tap was last run it might be dissolved copper due to corrosion.

As others have said, first step is to report the issue to your supply water company.

Reply to Filter under sink query/advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock