Search the forum,

Discuss Filling UFH via boiler filling loop in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Just wondering if there are any issues with adding water to a UFH via the boiler filling loop… reason being wanting to flush out some gunk from a loop and ventilate but don’t have access at the moment to proper hose connection adapter so I can plug mains water at the manifold.

Was thinking to flush by closing all loops and leaving one open while boiler pump circulates water and add new water via filling loop…

That’s fine just watch your flow rate eg match incoming with outgoing

Ended up getting the right hose fittings and did it with one hose on manifold flow and another on manifold return, loop by loop with the UFH isolated from the boiler.

Reply to Filling UFH via boiler filling loop in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
If you are qualified to do a Gas Safety check on a property I assume that entails checking the boiler. If, when checking a Combi, you notice the flexi filling loop in place (Taps closed) would you remove it or leave it be? Also if you notice one valve open and the other closed, once again, would...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Hi all, I have recently had a UFH circuit added to my existing CH/HW system and had a question on performance when UFH and CH are operating at the same time. My boiler is an Vailliant EcoTec Plus 630 and for a number of years this was running with a CH and HW loop only. Each loop had a 2 port...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock