Search the forum,

Discuss Filling solar pipe work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntheplumb

Gas Engineer
Could a power flusher for central heating be used for filling solar pipe - work??

Lol, personaly , I wouldnt think so, could nt you hire a filling machine

We have a filling machine buy it is very weak and takes an age to fill a solar loop. We hire a power flusher when needed. I though in principle they do the same thing. Was thinking of buying a power flusher to do both.

We use our (self designed constructed) solar filler as a power flusher :) - We have fill and flushing systems for Solar Thermal and Ground Source Heat pump loops - we use this pump on the GSHP fill, de-aerate and flush system (>60 lpm) : https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/051012200?da=1&TC=RV-051012200 and this one on our solar filler : https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-bip1000-1-electric-water-pump

So long as it's properly cleaned out before and after, then it just depends how it's plumbed up. One of the things you need to do is to get all the air out of the system, - make sure the return is 'under water', i.e is below the level of solar fluid in the reservoir - hence we have a number of different reservoir and return vessels to cope with the different uses.

Last edited:
You can use a power flush machine but you won't get much gain on pressurisation as the pumps aren't designed to do so.

I've just used the power flush to fill, flush and purge, then a standard pressure pump to top up to the correct pressure before.

I like the idea of a home made model, but I'm not sure how it would preform with a nasty power flush job.I would probably prefer a tried and tested power flusher and might look into a homemade solar filling pump machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Filling solar pipe work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock