Search the forum,

Discuss FGA zero governor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bikerbas

Could someone explain why you have to use a fga on boilers with zero governors,

cheers

you cant record burner pressure with zero governor but that isnt main reason for using fga
its an accurate way to tell if combustion process is right

I also use a FGA to check fan pressure on WB boilers with zero governors to determine if a service is required. You can'y use a U gauge because it's a negative reading.

Yes it tells you if the burner needs cleaning on the fan pressure if the tolerences are out

The whole point of zero governors is about efficiency.
You have no way of knowing if the appliance is operating at it's optimum efficiency without using an analyser on the POC to tell if they are within range.
You don't adjust burner pressure. You adjust the air/gas ratio. Hence the FGA.

I also use a FGA to check fan pressure on WB boilers with zero governors to determine if a service is required. You can'y use a U gauge because it's a negative reading.

yeah you can it just sucks instead of blows not very accurate though but good enough to check

Unless you are on the planet zanussi, then the normal laws of physics are still working here on earth and your water based manometer will read positive and negative readings. After all you either blow into the manometer or suck from the manometer and it will give you an accurate reading either way, have a go sometime.:rolleyes:

its called a zero governor because if you do put a u guage on it you get a zero reading therfore the fga is needed to commission/check

you should use a manometer on a zero govenor to check the operation (to a point) when turned on the fan should suck to about 4mb then when the burner lights it goes back to zero the FGA is to check combustion, some engineers do this and record BP as 4mb which it isnt

The fan speed depicts how much gas is used and therefore how much air to suck in to mix with the gas. Boilers with a zero governor have a high and a low setting which need to be set using the FGA as this is the only way to chech the CO2 readings. These must be within the tolerances, usually between 9.2%CO2(low setting) and 9.8%CO2(high setting). If the PPM of CO is above 200, then this proves that the heat exchanger requires cleaning. Instructions on how to set the gas/air ratio will be in the Installer Instructions. Hope you find this useful.

Hi
I am just new to the Heating industry just passed NVQ2 on domestic gas appliance.
Could some one explain to me please how do you check fan speed by using FLU analyser.Also how wud you check if the gas valve faulty.I suppuse u can check resistance on solenoid.If you have got resistance on solnoid does it mean its not faulty?
I would realy appreciate if someone explaine in plaine english
Kind regard Abdul

Hi
I am just new to the Heating industry just passed NVQ2 on domestic gas appliance.
Could some one explain to me please how do you check fan speed by using FLU analyser.Also how wud you check if the gas valve faulty.I suppuse u can check resistance on solenoid.If you have got resistance on solnoid does it mean its not faulty?
I would realy appreciate if someone explaine in plaine english
Kind regard Abdul

Flu , plain, wud,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FGA zero governor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock