Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Moderna 102 CH intermittent - help needed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a customer who’s Moderna 102 has been working well until recently. About a week ago the CH would occasionally not come on. The HW is working fine.

The customer says the temperature control switch on the front of the boiler doesn’t make as satisfying click as it used to when you move it beyond the winter setting. I have literally no experience with this boiler. I’ve read it’s manual and it’s not OP and there are no fault codes. It will start up.. but under some random sequence of events I’ve not been able to nail exactly. I am thinking either the tempature control switch for the ch needs replaced or possibly the ch tempature sensor needs cleaned or replaced?

Does anyone have experience with this old girl who could help confirm my thinking. I’m doing this one for free as the family are in a difficult place so any help great fully received.

Reply to Ferroli Moderna 102 CH intermittent - help needed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Experiencing an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 21i conventional boiler if anyone could help! I have previously installed a Tado smart controls system and is all working correctly with my 3 zone s plan system (CH x2, & HW). Boiler fires from the LR (signal) when the Tado calls for heat but...
Replies
Views
Hi hoping someone can help with this as its beginning to drive me nuts. Boiler generally well serviced and working fine, no problems with DHW. Central heating recently began to occasionally fire up as normal and run until it reached temperature set by flow control thermostat at which point...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock