Search the forum,

Discuss Fernox TF1 compact valve leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I've got a Fernox TF1 compact fitted in the airing cupboard, and discovered this evening after the boiler had no pressure that it is leaking.
I've seen previous threads about this where it leaks from the cap however mine appears to be leaking from the bottom inlet valve, not on the filter itself but the red tapped valve , where it connects to the filter.
I'm pretty certain it is a leak here and it's not water running to it etc.
I understand there is a washer between the valve and the filter ? Should I try and just nip up the joint first, or is it likely to need a new washer? Just dubious of over tightening considering its a plastic thread.
It is only a small leak and obviously has been going on for a while unnoticed .

Just a quick saved image but it’s leaking at the point I’ve marked .

1EDBC031-7134-4CED-8230-6E098DB0AC0E.jpeg

Reply to Fernox TF1 compact valve leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, Over the weekend, my wife insisted that I cleared out a junk cupboard in our utility room, in doing so I discovered a stopcock (that we have never used) had a load of crust around it. It looks to me that at some stage it probably leaked and sealed itself. I've never used it as it's...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Recently all the water tanks in the attic were disconnected to connect to the mains water supply (mine was already on mains but the other 5 flats in the building needed to be connected to mains water) and the company were also going to fit PRV's and isolation valves to the pipework...
Replies
Views
I’ve discovered a slow leak behind my toilet that’s maybe been slowly leaking for a few years before we have moved in. I’ve replaced chipboard as it was soaked through. Seems to be coming from the flush pipe attached to cistern. The rubber washer seemed in ok condition, the hard plastic washer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've had F23 error on my Vaillant ecofit pure because of CH system. My rads are not heating up properly. I've replaced the 3 way mid position valve, and taken the head off the Grundfos UPS2 and cleaned out the impeller. I've run Sentinel x400 for 4 weeks now, prior to this I drained...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock