Search the forum,

Discuss Fernox Mixing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Topefisher

Hi all,
Old open vented 3 position diverter system.

I needed a drain down, clean out etc about 6 months ago whilst some other work was done and the system was filled with 4L of Fernox MB-1.
Once the air was removed from the system ( which being a bungalow has never been easy ) it performs quite well.

I would like to keep on top the inhibitor in the system as it seems to keep the pump running a tad smoother/quieter ( located almost above our bedroom ceiling close to the diverter ). My question is can i top up the the MB-1 with Fernox F1?
I have looked at FAQ on Fernox site but cannot find an answer to this.
The reason I ask this is that i believe the F1 is far more concentrated so i would not need to bale ascmuch out of the header tank to add the F1 as for if I used MB-1 again.

shouldnt need to do anything for quite a while inhibitor stays in the system 4 litres was rather a lot for your system size as 1 litre treats an 11 radiator system

shouldnt need to do anything for quite a while inhibitor stays in the system 4 litres was rather a lot for your system size as 1 litre treats an 11 radiator system
Many thanks.
The 4l empty bottle of MB-1 is left in the attic with date of filling into system.
It actual says on the labelling that its suitable for up to a 10 rad system ( counting doubles as two singles ). We have 7 singles so shouldnt be too much overfill really.

Is it F1 you are refering to, which is more concentrated.
Do you know if OK to top up the MB-1 with F1 when the time comes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox Mixing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock