Search the forum,

Discuss Favourite fitting and PE pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello PFM's,

I was wondering what was everyone's fav. fittings for tieing into rads and general central heating system design.

My judging considerations are
1.speed of install.
2.longevity of the fittings, likely to fail.
3.footprint, EG. Find JG etc. can be a bit bulky under shallow floors in flats, can be a nightmare on 22 and elbowing up to a rad.

Currently, I use a combination of JG/flofit, and solder joints below ground, played a bit with Hep2O some brandless name shark style (very bulky)

-Saw buteline on the market which seems pretty tidy in size, anyone using this system seems like it has not caught on or has good distribution?

-Uponor also look ok, but buying the specific expanding tool seems expensive?

-PEX brass which looks good when you need to work in tight areas but does not seem to be available in the UK?

What your thoughts?

1.speed of install.
3.footprint, EG. Find JG etc. can be a bit bulky under shallow floors in flats, can be a nightmare on 22 and elbowing up to a rad.
Is PE pipe essential? This spec says stay with copper and use press-fit to me.

Mlcp and copper for me best of both worlds with mlcp and cheap vs copper (labour)

Hello PFM's,

I was wondering what was everyone's fav. fittings for tieing into rads and general central heating system design.

1.speed of install.

Currently, I use a combination of JG/flofit, and solder joints below ground, played a bit with Hep2O some brandless name shark style (very bulky)

-Saw buteline on the market which seems pretty tidy in size, anyone using this system seems like it has not caught on or has good distribution?

-Uponor also look ok, but buying the specific expanding tool seems expensive?

-PEX brass which looks good when you need to work in tight areas but does not seem to be available in the UK?

What your thoughts?
Copper upstands to all rads, vertical neat and strong, no micky mouse valves Drayton trv and neat lockshields ...thats it centralheatking

An interesting debate on what plastic based pipe systems each of you are using. On the comment about the cost of the Uponor tool needed to install the Q&E Shrink-fit system, through selected merchants, they very often run promotions throughout the year to help new customers with attaining a tool. We’d happily point you in the direction of these promotions if that would help? Contact number 01923 927 000

Reply to Favourite fitting and PE pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock