Search the forum,

Discuss Favorite rad sizing tool? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone have a favorite rad sizing app or site? I've used a few but they seen to vary and many are quite clunky.
Any out there with decent accuracy, a whole house report would be amazing too...

I tried a few last year before replacing all my radiators and liked the Myson Heat Loss Manager best because it lists the heat loss from each room for each element: glazing, external wall, floor. roof glazing, roof, ventilation and heat-up factor.

Of course this needs some work to enter all the details but a calculation is only as good as the data input.

I tried a few last year before replacing all my radiators and liked the Myson Heat Loss Manager best because it lists the heat loss from each room for each element: glazing, external wall, floor. roof glazing, roof, ventilation and heat-up factor.

Of course this needs some work to enter all the details but a calculation is only as good as the data input.
That sounds good, it could also help highlight where it might be worth spending money to improve heat retention.

Reply to Favorite rad sizing tool? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
Ive got a new replacement boiler to install and the Energy Saving Trust whole house boiler sizing is no longer being allowed to be used to correctly size new boilers. Apparently there is an app you can use for room by room calculation anyone with a link. I've looked online and keep just...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock