Search the forum,

Discuss faulty grundfos ups2. can i replace with alpha2? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imran999

i have a faulty ups2 15-50/60 going back and wondering if i can replace with an alpha2 which is gonna cost roughly £10 more. I am thinking even though alpha2 may be overpowered for my size of house, it will save money by being more efficient?

house is 4 bed with approx 15 rads and the ups2 was running at pump speed 3.

would it make a difference going for a 15-60 over a 15-50 alpha2?

Always better to have a little bit of extra capacity mate if needed i find these town house type properties on 3 or more floors need a 7metre head pump i have been using DAB EVOSTA williams have them on their site .

Yes you can fit the alpha2 should be a straight swap providing the pump valves aren't seized. And it's a better more economical pump. Grundfoss is the only pump I like to fit, there are cheaper one's to buy but Grundfoss is a good sound & reliable make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to faulty grundfos ups2. can i replace with alpha2? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock