Currently reading:
Fancy a laugh

Discuss Fancy a laugh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroyer2813

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a house today to have a look a boiler that had packed up for a builder who i do work for ex wife old Gloworm 50BF went suspected gas valve went to check the rest of the system looked in the airing cupboard and came across a IMI Flowmax 180ltr cylinder whch i then spotted was leaking and here the Fun begins, went to parts center 178+vat for the gas valve and my a trip to my other merchants after a few book searches and phone calls get a ROUGH price of 1400+vat. Not surprisingly the bloke on the phone said they dont get many takers i wonder why.

Not very funny for the householder but i nearly fell over when they came out with that price

£2000 for pipe fittings and labour. Paid upfront and just wanted to go home. He over charged the customer to start with. Which I found out after he left. Took him over a week to pipe system and I re-piped it all "properly in 2 days. (15mm to the rads, not 8mm tee's to 2-3 rads) Nearly named and shamed there, but feel bit bad as he did pay me to fix it.

I think he must have took the job thinking he could do it then realised he'd bitten off more than he could chew. Probably a decent bloke even if a crap plumber as he did want it put right.
Although I too have been laughing at the pipe work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fancy a laugh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock