Search the forum,

Discuss Fake Plumbers posing in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Once in a while stumble upon websites, magazines etc with images of "plumbers" posing with completely inaccurate tools / materials making the whole thing look ridicuous to anyone who has a clue. Just going to post a few recent ones..
1584698791178.png

1584697551808.png

Retrofiting that thermocouple to a Worcester CDI
1584697578537.png

1584698110916.png

1584698147046.png

1584698159435.png

Attachments

• 1584697551547.png
    1584697551547.png
    697.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Stillsons on a chrome towel rail
  • Blue gloves with Stillsons, orange gloves in nailbag - must be for when using a spanner
  • Plunger in nailbag
  • Sidecutters on a basin top
  • Thermocouple on a condensing boiler
  • Shifting spanner on round chrome trap
  • Manicured fingernails
  • 2 1/2 day growth

- As for the posing and the pleasant smiles - no one would ever believe they are plumbers.

I'm loving it, Stanios. I've just done an image search and most stock images of plumbers just have to have the big Stilsons out doing something daft. After that it's the pump pliers. I'll see if I can find a couple of good ones and put them up here.

Great idea for a topic by the way!

I've found a few what on earth are they doing?

Attachments

• soldering a ball valve.jpg
    soldering a ball valve.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 32
  • fixing leak with hammer.jpg
    fixing leak with hammer.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 31
  • wild-eyed with the massive stilsons.jpg
    wild-eyed with the massive stilsons.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 32
  • oversized stilsons.jpg
    oversized stilsons.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 34
  • what on earth is he doing.jpg
    what on earth is he doing.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 37
Excuse my ignorance.
I'm assuming a condensing boiler would still have some method for knowing whether the gas is alight or not. How does it do it if not with a thermocouple? Something more complex, I assume?

I've seen embelishments on plumber's websites and advertisements the usual is "our team of expert engineers" "with over 100 years of experience"
This guy takes it one step further with a "leadership team" consisting of head of commercial sales, business development manager, head of logistics and quality management systems all of these remarkable and certainly 100% real individuals could also do well on a Colgate advertisement.
Mind you the website team was not very thorough on this leaving the photos of those key team members labeled as " man-team-member-smiling-portrait-grey-background.jpg "

What?!! I always find stilsons are perfect for chrome!! Such a smooth surface nothing digs in and grips chrome plating quite like a stilson!! Pass the plasters! Btw anybody got tweezers?!!
[automerge]1585264655[/automerge]
Stupid extra characters
Good job the blow torch ain’t lit! 🤣🤣

If she can do quality work with those tools and with the customer insisting she work around the furniture, she must be very skilled indeed.

What?!! I always find stilsons are perfect for chrome!! Such a smooth surface nothing digs in and grips chrome plating quite like a stilson!! Pass the plasters! Btw anybody got tweezers?!!
[automerge]1585264655[/automerge]

Good job the blow torch ain’t lit! 🤣🤣

You mean the Fisher Price "My First Blowtorch" ?

If she can do quality work with those tools and with the customer insisting she work around the furniture, she must be very skilled indeed.

There is a play button but no video.. Looks like we will never learn the secret of fitting a trv using wire cutters.

Reply to Fake Plumbers posing in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock