Search the forum,

Discuss Failed balanced flue(rust( in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had oil boiler serviced and was told balanced flue failing on old Tranco Eurostar.Starting to suck exhaust fumes into boiler instead of clean air.Was told that as a temp. measure until I get a replacement delivered it's possible to unclip air hose and draw air from there and can block exhaust fumes coming into room with a rag.Boiler in draughty porch with open windows.Would welcome any opinions on this
Thanks

In gas regs this would be classed as immediately dangerous and appliance would be capped off.
Although this isn't gas, it's the same in terms of safety.
I would not accept any advice on this that hasn't come from an experienced and well qualified engineer.
If there is a real risk to life from having no heating AND no other heating can be arranged, then a work-around could be considered.

Needs sorting sooner rather than later.

As for a workaround its upto the engineer on site and the site conditions. Messing with a flue is not a diy fix.

Reply to Failed balanced flue(rust( in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance engineer, (fwiw can answer questions on popular smart home thermostat systems), but I've installed many solid fuel boilers in the last 40 years for...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant wall 16/21 about 10yrs old. The ones where there is no room to move ...! Doesn't look like serviced much. Opened up and heavily sooted. Bottom baffle...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a combi boiler that fails to fire up and sustain the burn. I read a similar post on this site but it doesn't precisely match my needs hence this post. Let me explain, and apologies for the less technical description since I use a plumber for my problems but he seems stuck on this...
Replies
Views
L Adams
L
We have a Firebird oil boiler, 35kw and have recently started getting issues regarding condensate or lack of it. Long story as short as possible. Boiler running without any issues for 2 plus years, unusual smell from it turns out to be plastic condensate trap melted. Looked into problem and it's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock