Search the forum,

Discuss F9 on boiler, fires up after reset only in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Glow-Worm Ultrapower sxi. I am used to sorting out an F9 by topping up to about 1.5 bar, then the boiler fires up. However twice now I have found an F9 and after pressing the reset button the boiler fires up without any top up and the indicated pressure is >2bar. Is it possible that there is too much pressure in the system and the boiler will display F9 to indicate that as well as too little?

Can be a few things, might need someone in. Might be equivalent of Vaillant f75.

Attachments

• F1F0BC8E-D75B-41B1-B03F-AEA75B7F2E9A.jpeg
    F1F0BC8E-D75B-41B1-B03F-AEA75B7F2E9A.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 6

Reply to F9 on boiler, fires up after reset only in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust gases then it stops. The fan is still going then it starts off again and stops again. After 4 or 5 goes it runs fine. When the boiler gets up to...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating Not Working Normally. When I turn on the heating, it doesn’t start. However, I still receive hot water, suggesting the boiler does work in some...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock