Search the forum,

Discuss Extractor fan for oven? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I don't know if plumbing include extractor fans, but I was hoping that you could point me in the right direction as to whether self enclose ovens existed so that all of their smoke was funnelled outside, like an top extractor fan, only for oven as they smoke the house out.

Thanks!

Not sure why there is this fuss about venting a wall oven. I have a wall oven set into an old chimney with a vent in the top
purely because that is how the previous owners had it. A wall oven is , in my mind, no different to putting one into a kitchen cabinet. In these cases the only proviso is that there is a space at the back to allow a bit of air circulation. Never seen one that needed a fan. As regards the OPs mention of smoke do we take it smoke literally or just air?

A double wall oven can generate well over 6000 watts, I realise internal venting is the norm but the heat's gotta go somewhere doesn't it?

To OP, I'm afraid if it's smoking it's dirty as alluded to by SG.

Shouldn't be any smoke with an electric oven, suggest clean oven (as mentioned above) or take cookery lessons.

Reply to Extractor fan for oven? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We moved into a house with a gas Aga (I think converted from oil). The extraction pipe is fitted against and runs through an external wall, then up the outside of the external wall. The ducting pipe circumference is about 32cm, so about 10cm diameter. There is no extractor fan in the kitchen. We...
Replies
Views
T
Morning, Im in a top floor tenement flat with access to the attic space. I have a combi boiler with flue that emits vertically up through the roof. My kitchen is situated internally with no easy access to an external wall. Could I fit a kitchen extractor that ducts vertically then right angles...
Replies
Views
L
Hello so we have just recently remodeled and I cannot remember if we were experiencing this before in our bathroom upstairs but, there’s a strong gasoline/cigarette smell coming from the pipes I think. It is not there all the time, in fact it went away for 4 days and now it has returned...
Replies
Views
LeAnn Trigg
L
Hi all, We recently had a ground floor bathroom/wet room finished off, It's about 3.6m long by 2.7m wide, tiled from floor to ceiling and has no window in there due to a future extension that will take place on the other side of the rear wall. Unfortunately, i've Instantly noticed when...
Replies
Views
Greetings! Having just rebuilt a Rayburn 460k with (ecoflam burners) due to the dreaded warped oven protection plate, I am trying to work out if the test point temperature readings for the Rayburn are, ‘what you’d expect’ Flue ways on cooker side & boiler side, including boiler baffles all now...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock