Search the forum,

Discuss External copper pipe insulation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

alisonw

I had a combi boiler fitted in the garage recently which has meant a lot of copper pipe external to the house and throughout the garage. Metres of it. None of it has been lagged what should I do and or have expected from the installer.

I’m guessing the gas pipe has been ran external and hopefully not water carrying pipes? As for the ones in the garage then yes installer should have included this in the quote providing you didn’t knock it back for this type of work?

Yep min of 19mm wall insulation required

Reply to External copper pipe insulation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British Gas (valiant brand). The external boiler flue seems excessively tall, proving to be somewhat of an eye sore (please see pictures attached). I know it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if I could have some advice please. I have a rental shepherds hut with an outdoor copper bath. I expect to close down for winter when the weather gets very cold. The majority of the piping is blue mdpe which is lagged. But where it joins the tap it's copper. I have lagged what...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it should be but I'm fitting an upgraded external pipe setup to include insulation. The inner 22mm pipe mates with the 32mm pipe just inside the house. It...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I am undergoing a whole house refurb including new plumbing, boiler, rads etc. I specifically asked for new copper pipes throughout the property which they charged extra for (didn't want push fit piping). I have now been told in the middle of the job that they recommend a replacing the...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock