Search the forum,

Discuss External 15mm pipe insulation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumb Tidy

Gas Engineer
Hi lads and lasses sorry if this has been covered before but i couldn't fins anything on it. Im installing an outdoor tap and for the first time the pipework has to be external. Im fitting it to water regs standard with all the rubbings internal pipe sleeved out the wall then runs down 3 meters to the tap.
Im after advise on what insulation to use it needs to be water proof and u/v resistant i was looking at HT arm flex however is says for 15mm pipe it won't stand up to -6 for 12 hours without freezing and local water supply regs recommend this as a minimum. I phoned Welsh water they wasn't interested they said use what ever the customer can afford as we do not have a spec on freezing times.
Anyone have any advice on this or what you use. I know its unlikely to be -6 in this country for 12 hours and i know how things are done in the real world I'm just trying to cover myself and get some knowledge on the matter.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 16.52.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 16.52.37.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 10
arma flex toughcoat with trace heating but in reality tell them to drain down the tap in winter dont leave it on

also dont cut for pipes clip the insulation eg 52mm clips

eg something like this

barrier least if it does freeze its got some give

Reply to External 15mm pipe insulation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
C
We're having the loft converted at the front of our house, and the plumber has routed the new water and central heating pipes via the rafters in the back loft (which isn't being converted). He's wrapped some insulation (looks like TopSleeve) round them and assures me it'll be fine. I'm worried...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock