Search the forum,

Discuss External 15mm pipe insulation in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumb Tidy

Gas Engineer
Hi lads and lasses sorry if this has been covered before but i couldn't fins anything on it. Im installing an outdoor tap and for the first time the pipework has to be external. Im fitting it to water regs standard with all the rubbings internal pipe sleeved out the wall then runs down 3 meters to the tap.
Im after advise on what insulation to use it needs to be water proof and u/v resistant i was looking at HT arm flex however is says for 15mm pipe it won't stand up to -6 for 12 hours without freezing and local water supply regs recommend this as a minimum. I phoned Welsh water they wasn't interested they said use what ever the customer can afford as we do not have a spec on freezing times.
Anyone have any advice on this or what you use. I know its unlikely to be -6 in this country for 12 hours and i know how things are done in the real world I'm just trying to cover myself and get some knowledge on the matter.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 16.52.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 16.52.37.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 6
arma flex toughcoat with trace heating but in reality tell them to drain down the tap in winter dont leave it on

Thanks Shaun that's what the screen shot is of the armaflex I may use push fit pipe aswell as its a bit more robust with the cold and you can get JG backplates for taps.

also dont cut for pipes clip the insulation eg 52mm clips

eg something like this

Cheer Shaun i was wondering about that. What would you recommend barrier pipe or copper and about insulating the elbow to exit the house.

barrier least if it does freeze its got some give

Reply to External 15mm pipe insulation in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock