Search the forum,

Discuss Exterior boiler water leak in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

2012 build house with an external Worcester Bosch Greenstar Camray oil boiler. Two floors of Uponor wet underfloor heating, with boiler installed externally and level with the upper floor, with gravity-fed oil. Today the underfloor heating manifold pumps started to make a racket as did the boiler pump. Checked the pressure at the boiler to find it was almost non-existent. So I attempted to repressurize only to find the pressure relief overflow pipe at the boiler let it all out again within minutes. I've checked the pressure at the expansion vessel (new last year) and it shows approx 2bar when the water is drained. What could be the problem? Is it simply the 3 bar pressure relief valve on the boiler itself? There appears to be no expansion vessel on the boiler.

Boiler external and level with upper floor? Anyway fuel supply not an issue either way.
Has the system been fine up until now with just that expansion vessel? Where is the vessel situated and does it have a flexi hose connecting it to system? You could have a blocked or kinked flexi hose.
When you say the boiler PRV released the water in minutes was the boiler running at this time?

Reply to Exterior boiler water leak in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock