• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Extending water UFH to attic in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

dewsbury

Hi, I have 5 bed house with underfloor heating on all 3 floors.I also have converted attic. UFH was installed in year 2000.
I want to put low temp rads in attic (it currently has no heating!) and feed water from UFH on floor below.

Question 1: Is this a sensible approach?

Question 2: Is this easy to do? Any decent plumber can do?

Question 3: See image from manifold directly below attic. I think I need to run a pipe from this manifold upwards to the ceiling and into the large converted attic. I'm trying to figure out where to make the hole in the ceiling - in advance of plumbing work. I've put some numbered circles on the attached picture. Where in the manifold do I attach pipe that will go up to ceiling?

NB: I also have a second manifold in another room.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.
Last edited:

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
From that pic, nowhere. You would need to tap into pipe prior to 2 port valve that controls the manifold.

dewsbury

From that pic, nowhere. You would need to tap into pipe prior to 2 port valve that controls the manifold.

Thanks Simon,
Maybe this second photo makes a difference? This is a second manifold in a different room. Could this be used to run up the attic (low temp rads).

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

dewsbury

I had this system drained down and serviced recently. The guy who did it has 20 years+ experience with this stuff. He indicated that it would be east to get heating into attic???

Reply to Extending water UFH to attic in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net