Search the forum,

Discuss Extending underfloor waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I currently have a downstairs toilet that drops into a waste pipe that exits through the wall and into an inspection chamber.

I need to extend the underfloor waste pipe to the next room for a new kitchen. As I am digging up the floor and re-doing the bathroom is like to confirm the best practice for connecting to the underfloor pipe.

Is it okay to leave the pipe in position, use a 87.5 T piece placed with the T vertical, drop the toilet into this and carry through to the kitchen.

Or is it better to drop from the toilet to a swept bend, and connect to a 45 degree Y connector placed horizontally? With the other leg carrying through to the kitchen

image.jpg

I’d possibly go with option 1. Just be sure to use underground pipe and connections. Also make sure your sweep on the tee is in correct location.

As you are digging up the floor and altering the drainage you should be contacting building control. They will tell you what you can and can't do.

It might now actually be the local sewage undertaker (e.g local water undertaker) as they now have some responsibility for drains and their connections.

Reply to Extending underfloor waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock