Search the forum,

Discuss Expert Report on ASHP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinaloa

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to source an expert who I can employ to provide me with a report on my ASHP installation that is the subject of litigation. I could just choose a local MCS installer but really need an acknowledged expert with undoubted pedigree who's report will be accepted by a court.

I know that I can take my complaint to the installers trade body etc etc - and I will do so at some point - but at the moment I need the report as evidence for the case.

Thanks in anticipation

Not being funny but shouldn't your solicitor be suggesting someone?

Whereabouts are you?

Thanks Croppie,

At the moment I am running both a Section 75 Claim against the Credit Card Company and litigation against the installer. It is the credit card company that have asked for the report at the moment and probably is the best chance of success as the installer has ceased trading, but it seems sensible to try to get a report that could be used in both.

I'm near Oxford.

Thanks for your interest.

Nice work

An advantage of using a credit card is that, under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, customers who have a claim against a supplier for breach of contract or misrepresentation will generally have an equal claim against the card issuer.

sounds like an ashp being used in the wrong situation, would love a bit more detail as it's happening more and more.

Hi Lame Plumber,

It's a very long story with many different aspects but it boils down to the extent of required radiator upgrades being vastly understated, and continuous breakdowns.

I am happy to share the detail with you but there is probably far too much to post in the forum. If you want me to expand by email let me know.

I think it was you who forecast that litigation would be the outcome 18 months ago when I last posted - certainly someone did but I am afraid I can't work out how to view my historic threads.

It will come down to bad workmanship as it either was calculated wrong or the insulation is not up to scratch
Either way ASHP generally are very expensive to run as most are spect wrong IMHO

Sorry guys, been maxed out over the summer and sudden cold snap!

We would be happy to design a fully MCS and RHI compliant ASHP system based on the system as was when you had installed, that is the standard that shoud be applied, we would then compare that to your current system, (else how do you identify a fault / non-compliance) there may also be bad workmanship . installation issues.

We have spent a lot of this summer fixing other installers bad installations, most common faults are:

Incorrectly sized emitters (radiators AND underfloor)
Incorrectly configured heat pumps (temp settings, heat curves)
Incorrect circulation pumps (non-glycol rated ones, or insufficient head)
No Low loss header or buffer tank.
Badly design and installed control systems (TMV's on underfloor heating, badly positioned room stats, improperly controlled radiators)
Incorrectly sized heat pumps - so they use the in line immersions to meet the load requirement.
and also uneducated users, expecting to park their b*m on a hot radiator :)

If you need a professional report we'd be happy to provide in exchange for our professional fee - you should recover this as part of you process.

pm me or call me details in my signature below

Hi Worcester,

Thanks very much for your post - I probably have most of the common faults you refer to in my system !

I've sent you a pm

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expert Report on ASHP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock