Search the forum,

Discuss Experience in plumbing with no actual qualification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, i am looking for work. I have about 4 years experience in all kinds of plumbing but no actual qualifiction on paper so will be wantng to do my NVQ assesment. I am currently doing a multi skilled gas engineer course, which i have done the plumbing foundation with but i am looking for work in plumbing to run alongside doing the Gas course with the intention then to do NVQ asseements. Will also consider any voluntary work in plumbing and heating to gain experience. I am in the derbyshire area. Thanks for reading

Hi Bradwardo,

Welcome along, always great to hear people gaining new skills.

You’re in a bit of a tough spot like many IMHO. The big boys have quite rigid requirements for employee qualifications. A trainees wage is a big outgoing for the one man band/little guy especially given they couldn’t leave you to work unsupervised as their insurance would be invalidated and the HSE would string them up if anything went wrong.

Personally I’d be trying to identify the larger local firms. Especially those doing a lot of installation work.You might have to accept a labourers role to get a foot in the door. But be reliable, work hard and do good work and there is a good chance you will be recognised by the firm.

If you’re trying to sell yourself to a company try and work out what experience you already have that might be useful to them.

Good luck 👍👍

Reply to Experience in plumbing with no actual qualification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a newly qualified gas engineer in Norwich and looking to gain some experience by working alongside someone. I am happy to travel a reasonable distance. Any advice would be gratefully received. thanks
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to jobs. I would be happy to observe and support where possible. I am now working towards completing and submitting my portfolio. I understand that this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock