From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Expansion Tank sounds like a foghorn in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We recently dropped the house water pressure from 70 to 60 psi and increased the pressure in the expansion tank from 40 to 60 psi as I was told that they should be the same. The hot water tank and the expansion tank are 3 months old and there were no issues when the house pressure was at 70 psi. There are no issues when we open up a bathroom or kitchen faucet. However, when we flush the toilet or turn on the shower the expansion tank sounds like a foghorn for a few seconds. If the toilet is flushed 5 minutes later all is quiet. But after 15 minutes the foghorn sounds will return as the pressure in the line has time to build up. I have turned the water off to both toilets and the sound is still there when we turn on the shower. Everything I read online states that the noise could happen when the pressure is to high or if there is a large discrepancy between the house pressure and the pressure in the expansion tank. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Wetroom Store - Official Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Expansion Tank sounds like a foghorn in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares