Search the forum,

Discuss existing radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevenstn61bs@g

Hi is it possible to find out what the BTU is of a radiator that is in situ,
customer wants to know if the rad is up to the job.
Thanks

Well do heat calculation for room as normal and work out how many btu's required,then get normal rad chart and check size of existing rad to output required,also check rad has no cold spots/blockages and system clean ,as both will effect output of existing rad

easy way to tell is ask him was the room warm enough before if not get a newer convector

Hi thanks for reply, but the room size is 9m by 8m and 4m high with radiators 2880 x300 x2 and 2x 960x300 and the owner has died and the place is up for sale and they need to know whether it has the right BTU out put to heat the room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why,did he freeze to death :eek::eek::eek:

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha ha that has put a smile on my face Puddle man that was well put in there lmao made my evening that has...

Measure Rad and get Stelrad stars program, free download, that should tell you what rads sizes are recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to existing radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking to add some radiators into my property and ideally looking to match the style of the existing ones. I cannot seem to find anything online to match. I assume this style of radiator is no longer manufactured, but I might be able to pick one up second hand. Can anyone help me...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3 of high. The rest remain cold. Also, radiator is making quite loud noise when heating up. The system/radiator is free of air. My plumber was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended the pipes (8mm microbore) and plumbed in the new radiator. I opened the isolation valves and filled up the radiator with no issues. I've bled every...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock