Search the forum,

Discuss Excessive hot water time in vaillant 938 boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone.
We have just moved into a new house with a vaillant ecotec 938 combi boiler. The boiler is in utility room downstairs next to kitchen. Hot water comes out of the downstairs tap in approx 2 seconds. However upstairs in the ensuite, it takes 80 seconds before the water becomes hot. In the main bathroom the water takes a similar time for hot water to come out. The house is large and wide and the approx distance between boiler and ensuite is around 13m(opposite ends of house). I originally thought this was due to the large distance of pipework the water has to travel and can't be helped. However this is a problem as a lot of water is wasted before showers are used and when hands are washed.

Incidentally we had a brand new glowworm 35c combi in house before we left and hot water came in 5 seconds in all taps of the house( although house was much smaller as well). I was very happy with this boiler.

We have also had heating issues with the boiler not coming on regularly and the house staying cold. I suspect it may be a timer related issue. We have a honeywell controller but haven't adjusted it yet.

Any help appreciated.

Hi,
It would probably be worth getting it looked at and serviced.
A fairly common issue is when systems are updated from old storage cylinders the 22mm and sometimes 28mm pipes are left in for the hot supply, that can mean having to pull off quite a bit of water to get hot through

Reply to Excessive hot water time in vaillant 938 boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock