Search the forum,

Discuss EvoHome Heating off still heats some rooms in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Radek K

Hi,

For EvoHome users/installers out there.

Is it normal that when I select from Quick Actions - Heating off, the radiators will still get hot as set on individual Radiators valves (HR-92s).
Every time I select heating off (to switch whole heating system off) I can see that some radiators are still hot which means my boiler still pushes the hot water. With current prices for gas of course I'm thinking about savings so trying to switch off heating as often as I can (instead of updating individual schedules) but it looks like I'm still using a lot of gas as the heating is still on as per individual radiators.

Have I connected something wrong? I thought each wireless radiator valve is connected only to the EvoHome as the main controller and then EvoHome is connected to the wireless relay box that controls the boiler so if the EvoHome is off... everything should be off I thought. Individual rooms cannot control wireless relay box/boiler directly right? Is there another way to just switch off the heating? DO I have to do it on the Boiler end?

Thank you for any advice.

Hi,

Nobody has any idea?

To summarise... if you select Heating off on the EvoHome touch screen controller (all zones on the display go grey), it looks you can still call for heat from each room using rooms' HR92's at the radiator side. However there is no indication Whatsoever on the EvoHome that the room called for heat.... From the EvoHome touch screen if looks like everything is still off. You have to either go to the radiator to see that the heating is on, and then you have to check every single room's radiator to see which one is on!

Hopefully it's just a firmware bug that can be fixed so the touch controller shows overview of which zone calls for heat and can hopefully allows you to overwrite each zone from the EvoHome touch screen side.

Radek

Hi,

Nobody has any idea?

To summarise... if you select Heating off on the EvoHome touch screen controller (all zones on the display go grey), it looks you can still call for heat from each room using rooms' HR92's at the radiator side. However there is no indication Whatsoever on the EvoHome that the room called for heat.... From the EvoHome touch screen if looks like everything is still off. You have to either go to the radiator to see that the heating is on, and then you have to check every single room's radiator to see which one is on!

Hopefully it's just a firmware bug that can be fixed so the touch controller shows overview of which zone calls for heat and can hopefully allows you to overwrite each zone from the EvoHome touch screen side.

Radek

Hi,
Nobody has any idea?
There's an interesting question (sort of the opposite of yours) on the Resideo FAQ's, which gives useful info about whats going on.
Apparently the Evohome controller will not send a 'boiler off' command until all HR92's give a 'valve closed' signal.

I think if you push a button on an HR92 after you set the controller to 'off' then the boiler will not be turned off!

Also see below for Evohome explanation. You could try their rf room stat and use that instead of an HR92 as the sensor.

Also worth perusing (ALL OF) this:

C1C55487-E80A-42B1-BFEC-63AA1A311E44.jpeg

Last edited:

Reply to EvoHome Heating off still heats some rooms in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock