Search the forum,

Discuss Evening....need advice...please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

khany100

Evening all...

I have just purchased an old property in London E7 and I am completely renovating it. I have told the plumber to use 22mm pipes as I have been told this would be advantageous. I am concerned by the pressure, as the water has to flow to the dormer level where I have a new shower room built.

In total it has a small bathroom (toilet/sink) on ground level + kitchen and 2 receptions.
First floor consists of 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom (sink/toilet/bath tub with shower)
Dormer floor consists of 2 bedrooms and a shower room with toilet and sink.

I am looking to buy a Vaillant 937 boiler, recommended by the plumber which will be placed in the kitchen (not sure of the placement or does it not matter?)
Do you think this boiler would be adequate.
I am considering changing the old lead pipe which runs into the property to increase pressure as I think this will help the shower performance in the dormer.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

khany

All depends on water pressure available, low water pressure and a larger diameter pipe wont always work so back to basics first and find out the pressure on your mains and plan your sytem from there on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Evening....need advice...please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hello. I need some urgent advice re water pressure in an unvented system. A few months back, I had my gravity fed system + boiler changed to an unvented cylinder + system boiler. The water pressure following the swap was incredible. We were originally talking about putting in a mains booster...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, -I would really appreciate your advice on whether it would be possible to have a gravity fed toilet, basin and shower installed in a my new layout upstairs? The detail: I currently own a two bed house (is actually a three bed on original plans) and want to covert it back to...
Replies
Views
Hi There I moved into a property last year (only 8 year old propery) and it has a lovely ensuite on the 3rd floor (4 bedroom semi) as well as a normal bathroom on the 2nd floor. When moving in, the water pressure in the en suite shower was nice and strong 24x7. Beautiful. The bath and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock