Search the forum,

Discuss Ethical working practices during Coronavirus outbreak - What is expected of me in a customers home? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Lou

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Subscribed
Ethical working practices during Coronavirus outbreak - What is expected of me in a customers home?

The two meter rule applies here. Keep your distance. Wear gloves where possible. Facemasks can help a little but not much unless it's a full respirator mask that will filter out the size of the virus. Research shows the masks will help with droplets which can float around when talking etc, so there's some use with them for short periods of time. Eventually they get soaked with germs so need binning.

Also, making sure your van is clean when you get in it and when you get out of it. A bit of flash (with bleach, not the one that doesn't have bleach) in the van with a few microfibre cloths and go over the door handles and steering wheel, gearstick, etc etc every day. Help limit the possibility of contact then incubating a bit in the heat of the van or whatever.

Brass and copper it doesn't live on for long.

Plastic and other metals it's nearly all gone after 72 hours. Totally gone after 9 days.

Worth keeping in mind.

Please share your help and advice.

I've put a small portable water container (with a little tap - like caravan ones) in the wagon and a bar of soap. When I wash hands I also wash the door handle with the soap and water and leave it on the handle.

Hi, I've got type 1 diabetes. It's relatively well controlled. I'm 34 and in good health otherwise. I'm a single dad and my son is 2.5. I have 2 boilers booked in this week, one is essential one is still working. What do I do? Really confused right now.

Hi, I've got type 1 diabetes. It's relatively well controlled. I'm 34 and in good health otherwise. I'm a single dad and my son is 2.5. I have 2 boilers booked in this week, one is essential one is still working. What do I do? Really confused right now.

If I were in your shoes I’d be staying at home.

Are you desperate for the money? If not, stay at home - don't let THIER problem become YOUR problem

You are in the vunerable group so should be staying at home my wife had diabetes and is laid off for 12 weeks minimum tough times ahead chap but we should hear some news on help for the self employed today but don't expect money to come through anytime soon. Stay well regards kop

Reply to Ethical working practices during Coronavirus outbreak - What is expected of me in a customers home? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock