Search the forum,

Discuss Esbe 3 port valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalmers7

Gents, does anyone know if these esbe three port mvalves the vrg130 model give 100 % shut off to the port that isn't in use??

Thanks in advance

robert

Ive fit a few esbe valves the black ones with the button you push in or pull out to move manually (just googled and they look the same). ..... never used them as a 3 port as such though. like a 2port but the t leg goes back to the lowloss header. Thats if its the ones with a motorised head that ive fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive fit a few esbe valves the black ones with the button you push in or pull out to move manually (just googled and they look the same). ..... never used them as a 3 port as such though. like a 2port but the t leg goes back to the lowloss header. they should always have a flow through them wether its up the pipe needing heat or back to the header etc.

Yeah that's the type. I'm trying to use it with a system boiler being in one port and a plate heat exchanger on another port and the rads circuit on another, when the plate heat exchanger fails due to the biomass boiler the three port turns allowing the system boiler to kick into action.

problem is there seems to be passing water on one of the ports I only know this cos one of the circuits wasn't connected so I had to add a blank temporally until I'm fully connected.

Should this not 100% seal?

Yeah that's the type. I'm trying to use it with a system boiler being in one port and a plate heat exchanger on another port and the rads circuit on another, when the plate heat exchanger fails due to the biomass boiler the three port turns allowing the system boiler to kick into action.

problem is there seems to be passing water on one of the ports I only know this cos one of the circuits wasn't connected so I had to add a blank temporally until I'm fully connected.

Should this not 100% seal?
the ones ive used 'compensating valves', when not in demand let the water go through the t piece back to the header ie when the button is in the off part.which port is the flow going in.? just thought the only port that will be totally closed in the off position is the one next to the off bit on the button, try spinning the valve round. imagine T on its side only 1 port on that run will be closed when no demand. whip it off and blow down it to see.

the ones ive used 'compensating valves', when not in demand let the water go through the t piece back to the header ie when the button is in the off part.which port is the flow going in.?

As you look at the valve in the T position the port on the right is the heat exchanger the port on the branch is the boiler and the port on the left is the system .

i wanna blank the branch allowing flow from right to left then on fault the blank to rotate anti clockwise to blank the right side allowing flow from the branch which would be the boiler and the flow would turn left at the T away to system.

Mmmm the ones ive used theres always flow from left to branch when not activated. or branch to left. sounds like a bit wiring complex to get it to activate/deactivate etc to suit the demand or fault. not sure tbh.

Mmmm the ones ive used theres always flow from left to branch when not activated. or branch to left. sounds like a bit wiring complex to get it to activate/deactivate etc to suit the demand or fault. not sure tbh.

Looks like a call to esbe tomorrow will let u know how it. Turns out.. Thanks for your replys much appreciated.

two heads are better than one.

robert

I've fitted them like this before as a motor open/motor close arrangement rather than a compensated valve. It should shut one port completely without let by. Check the valve spindle was set correctly before fitting the shaft and head. Does it close properly with the power off and u manually close it? Or is it just with the head when powered?

I've fitted them like this before as a motor open/motor close arrangement rather than a compensated valve. It should shut one port completely without let by. Check the valve spindle was set correctly before fitting the shaft and head. Does it close properly with the power off and u manually close it? Or is it just with the head when powered?

i agree but when ive fit them the only port to shut completely is the right side of the valve.

Ive not fitted te head yet, was just manual shut off I was looking for the electrician hasn't configured the controls yet but I wanted connected ready to go when he is complete. If I'm right on the valve body it shows a triangle a square and a circle as the indicators on the valve.

I think you should try spinning the valve cos you can only stop flow completely from right to left or left to right the branch from my experince will have flow untill completely activated. ring esbe pal.

The position of the shoe corresponds to the straight part of the D on the end of
the shaft.

Unless the shoe is exeptionaly worn then there is not normaly any let by on the
closed port.

Have u fitted the black collar over the spindle then fitted the manual cap? If so try removing the collar and realigning using just the tapered edge of the spindle as a guide as was jus mentioned the tapered bit is where the shoe is. Sounds more like an alignment issue than anything else. I'd be surprised if the new valve is letting by........ But never say never ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Esbe 3 port valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock