Search the forum,

Discuss Eon boiler grant upgrade extra costs in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've been approved for a new boiler on the scheme. My old Greenstar 28i Junior mark 3 has been great.
They're fitting a replacement Greenstar 30i.
However there's some high charges extra for a new flue, new brackets, flashing kit and other bits and bobs. This is around £300.
A few services ago the brackets were updated.
So I wondered if the flue etc needs changing at an approximate £300 cost, it's 11 years old or not?

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_185801.jpg
    IMG_20210224_185801.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210224_185813.jpg
    IMG_20210224_185813.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 9
Flue needs changing but if you have enough you can re use the brackets / clamps / clips

Flue needs changing but if you have enough you can re use the brackets / clamps / clips
Thanks, yes an extra bracket was added at the start of a British Gas service plan. They rang months later trying to get £60 from me for its install. They failed

Reply to Eon boiler grant upgrade extra costs in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock