Search the forum,

Discuss Energy Efficiency Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Managed to pay a visit to my gas course instructor today on the barracks where the course was done as I was down there for a resettlement interview and I managed to get some contacts off him which I'm hopeful will lead to a regular work placement. He advised me to do an energy efficiency course as well as the unvented hot water.

I was taking so much info in that I forgot to actually ask what energy efficiency course he was talking about so......any ideas? I thought i'd ask here for clues before I call him again and make myself look stupid :p

is there an energy efficiency course that is standard to have nowadays?

You did mine a few years ago if i remember teaches you rad system sizing best use of energy etc one day course pretty easy

Yes another course gas safe want you to do, waste of time and money but you have to do it, Had to do mine twice, reason was first one had different C&G number, so had to do same course same questions , extra cost ,day off work just to get certificate with different number:fuk2:

So is it 'needed' to work as a plumber or is it just recommended?

Energy efficiency is not need to work as a plumber, it is needed additional to unvented and wras, if you get solar

No not required for just plumbing, somthing us gas people have to do.:sad_smile:

done mine years ago it was totally stupid i remember one numpty on the course asking if interlock go,s on the flow or return

No not required for just plumbing, somthing us gas people have to do.:sad_smile:

Where does it say that then?
Been registered with GS all the time they have been in, and with the dog for 2 years before that.Never have i been asked for it.
Will only get it when needed ie when I do the solar thing

It has nothing to do with being gas safe reg,it was meant to be required if you wished to join one on the schemes to register appliances,ie boiler with building control,as you state the appliance has been fitted to meet current energy efficiency standards,this is covered during course and of course ,you were then expected to refresh every 5 years
However since the end of the home buyers pack.many thinks are left open ended,I did the course years ago when it first came out ,got the C&G,never refreashed it, never heard owt since,still able to reg boilers when I want

Take it you can still reg appliances Graham,so not much point to it,it seems

Last edited by a moderator:
It has nothing to do with being gas safe reg,it was meant to be required if you wished to join one on the schemes to register appliances,ie boiler with building control,as you state the appliance has been fitted to meet current energy efficiency standards,this is covered during course and of course ,you were then expected to refresh every 5 years
However since the end of the home buyers pack.many thinks are left open ended,I did the course years ago when it first came out ,got the C&G,never refreashed it, never heard owt since,still able to reg boilers when I want

Take it you can still reg appliances Graham,so not much point to it,it seems

So you wouldn't recommend doing the course Puddle? seems like there's no real point to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Energy Efficiency Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock