Search the forum,

Discuss End feed fittings being awkward. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Am sure is not me as I have done end feed fittings before with no problem.
What I am experiencing is that after cleaning up the fitting and the pipe they slip into each other fine but after I apply flux they do not. If I try to turn the fitting on the pipe a lot of the time it is very hard whereas I should have thought would even be easier with flux on it. The flux is fine clean and not full of crap!

Some flux is a bit grainy , bakers blue was , laco is ace. Do not ver use live matches to get stuff out of tub , the phisphourous deactivates the flux Rob FOster aka centralheatking

I'll join in too. Bogart that is the exact reason i switched from powerflux to everflux, you won't believe the difference. I keep a pot of powerflux for those occasions when you don't want a fitting to drop off in an awkward situation.

Six months at the most.

Very strange would think it's just one of them things combination of slightly bigger od tube or smaller is fitting etc

Very strange would think it's just one of them things combination of slightly bigger od tube or smaller is fitting etc
Ah well the rads are in with no leaks:D I actually think the problem is the fittings, Toolstation ones by the way, as those I have had a while all fit nicely. Anyway plenty of time before I replace the rest as the gaffer says what a stupid time of year to have the heating off.
One of the few times I agree with her:rolleyes:

Reply to End feed fittings being awkward. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock