Search the forum,

Discuss EMWC Scale Eliminator 54 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pappasmurf

thinking of purchasing/installing this scale eliminator (EMWC Scale Eliminator 54) as appose to water softner or scale remover.
it is going to be fitted in a completely new system (600lt megaflo + 2 x 450lt accumulator)
don't like the feel of the softened water or the on-going maintenance/ salt purchasing but still want the scale inhibitor properties. cannot find a review on this product anywhere on google.
the sales girl was commenting on its revolutionary capabilities.

pls advise.

I have purchased electronic scale inhibitors in the past. The claims are similar looking. For a while I convinced myself they were doing something. After a few years I realized I had been mistaken.
Given the price of the EMWC item you are very wise to seek independent views before proceeding

I used a magnetic version for years and all the furring up normally found in the kettle ceased, the pipework bleed green scale for a while as it all dropped off and my combi never scaled up so in my opinion they work well. others can disagree if they must :) ps a magnet does the same as a load of coils of wire and electric but at no on going costs.

hi lame thanks for the reply but this is neither a coil or a magnet!...pls advise.

I personally feel the only way to reduce scale is with a softener. But I'm in a very hard water area.
For the amount of money your spending on gear there, the cost of salt is going to be minimal in comparison to repairs caused by limescale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to EMWC Scale Eliminator 54 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock