Search the forum,

Discuss Electronic scale inhibitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Titanium Trades

Installing an electronic scale inhibitor, done plenty of in-line ones but the question I have is with the electronic ones can I wrap the wires around the hot cylinder outlet or can it only go on cold feeds?

Thanks in advance.

The "theory" would be it converts the water flowing thru into protected form that will not stick ,

( but IF the electronic ones are any good , is another debate )

Do instructions/website give any best placement advice for particular design ?

Looking at the one on ScrewFix... got great reviews but no install info on the details, didnt want to buy before finding out it can only be fixed to cold feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electronic scale inhibitor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

K
I need to change my scalemaster magnetic scale inhibitor as it is leaking but I cannot work out how to take it off! I ordered a new one the same so I could see how it's fitted but have received a completely different one!! Help please
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one on the existing brackets, and reconnect the existing valves, and then top up. Would draining the entire system be necessary? If draining is not...
Replies
Views
We have a Daikin Air Source heat pump feeding our hot water and under-floor 8 port manifold heating system. The Daikin has just had its annual service and the engineer commented that the water looked discoloured and that the inhibitor needed replacing?? Is this an easy procedure? I'm pretty...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock