Search the forum,

Discuss Electrics under the bath in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I’ve just taken off the side of the bath with the aim of fitting an overhead shower to the bath, and have found an electrical unit under the bath, which appears to be for the central heating system. It’s fixed to the floor, so it’s not raised, and the fact that a small ingress of water has made the floor board damp near the 230 volt unit has made me even more concerned as to whether this is safe and meets British standards. My dad told me not to worry about the bolts as amps will kill me, but I’m still concerned as can’t see any info on this under the bath. House is 5 years old. Is it ok? Looks like it’s in zone 0 as I’ve had to take side of bath off with a screwdriver, but still, there’s a leak on be copper pipes too. Doesn’t feel right. Any advice is greatly appreciated.View attachment 43425View attachment 43425View attachment 43426View attachment 43425View attachment 43426

Reply to Electrics under the bath in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello everyone. I've recently bought an old house with no gas, no central heating and a knackered old electric immersion tank. I'm trying to work out the most sensible way to plumb it for hot water needs. Bit overwhelmed. Background: the house has no gas and no central heating. All heating...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly using perimeter battens for support, I am attempting to install a fancy whirlpool/jacuzzi bath for my son. Plumbing and electrics are sorted but my...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
asked to specify for very small studio flat, architect has drawn a combi boiler, 2 radiators, heated towel rail and shower, basin, kitchen sink, washing machine. seems overkill to me, in the past i have used electric shower, 15l 3kw Ariston for hot water, and electric panel heaters, but he is...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my house, in place of the garage, most would give me a suggestion to put in a) an extension to the existing boiler rad circuit & electric water heaters...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock