Search the forum,

Discuss Electricity Storage from Solar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 3.5kw solar array and I also have an iBoost to heat the hot water. While we generate a lot of electricity outside of heating the water, I wondered what options I have to collect this power to use when the sun goes down.

I only know of batteries but I do not know any more about them or other setups I could use.

Thanks, Daniel.

Only batteries / power wall best speak to the installer of your solar panels as they know your system

You'd need to do a lot of checking on the economics of battery storage.
You could be spending thousands with little hope of getting your money back.

Solar/battery bling, I am afraid. Do the maths, unless you have enough spare cash to buy a Tesla battery (£5.4k) and have previously oversized your solar panels (new ones no longer receive any feed in tariff) and have a Tesla car which you use every day. Even less sense if you have access to off-peak electricity. Still if it stops you flying maybe worth while.

Reply to Electricity Storage from Solar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I have customer with solar that doesn't seem to be working so only gets 1/2 a tank of hot water which is heated by the central heating system. She can't find a company to come out and service the wet solar system and she is looking at getting loft conversion in the future will...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock