Search the forum,

Discuss Electricity Storage from Solar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 3.5kw solar array and I also have an iBoost to heat the hot water. While we generate a lot of electricity outside of heating the water, I wondered what options I have to collect this power to use when the sun goes down.

I only know of batteries but I do not know any more about them or other setups I could use.

Thanks, Daniel.

Only batteries / power wall best speak to the installer of your solar panels as they know your system

You'd need to do a lot of checking on the economics of battery storage.
You could be spending thousands with little hope of getting your money back.

Solar/battery bling, I am afraid. Do the maths, unless you have enough spare cash to buy a Tesla battery (£5.4k) and have previously oversized your solar panels (new ones no longer receive any feed in tariff) and have a Tesla car which you use every day. Even less sense if you have access to off-peak electricity. Still if it stops you flying maybe worth while.

Reply to Electricity Storage from Solar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock