Search the forum,

Discuss Electrician with plumbing experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nicholas Owen

Hi all.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Just looking for some information. I am a qualified and registered electrican with a lot of experience with plumbing.
I know there's a lot of different routes to take to retrain as a plumber and all of them are not favoured on apart from the 2-3 year college course.

Long and short I'm not interested in doing a full career change. I am just looking at getting some basic qualifications to allow me to do basic plumbing repairs. Like burest pipes, failed heating pumps, etc, etc.
The main thing I'm interested in is installing electric boilers with direct and indirect cylinders.

I'm not interested at all in doing any gas! Or oil!

I am about to do my water regs and non vented cylinder course in the new year. But wondering if there's anything else I should do.

I know a lot of people here are going to say stick with electrics and let the plumbers do plumbing. So please save your fingers and only positive comments.

Don't get me wrong I have a lot of experience with plumbing but I am now in the situation where I want to be "legal" offering these boilers where most plumbers won't be able to!

Thanks again

sorry to say theres no short cut and you will need your unvented also, best to go down to the local collage and see if they do night courses

He did say he's doing his non vented ( invented g3) in the new year,

Unvented, sorry predictive messaging. Pain in the bum....
Good for you Nicholas for wanting to be legal and taking no shortcuts and good luck with your courses, best to go see your local technical college and speak to the plumbing lecturer I'm sure he'll advise on best course of action to take.

Welcome Nicholas, there will certainly be a place in the market for you. Many breakdowns are not boiler faults and those that are can be passed to gas engineers, who hopefully will respond in kind. Capacitor failure is common on pcbs, if you have the analytical equipment this is another area you may wish to consider.

PlumbTricians are good for the trade. Get your Certs ans you should be ok. Could you not do the plumbing course on a part time basis?

So if an electrician is a Sparks and a plumber is Leaky, what does that make Nicholas ? - Dangerous :)

I'm a plumber who does some electrical work, I went the route of 4.5 years of evening courses for my electrical quals because I though it was important I knew as much as possible and became qualified to test stuff. For general plumbing you don't really need much to be able get paid for it tbh. Nowt really.

Avoid removing boiler cases and get some PLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electrician with plumbing experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock